When an academic institution subscribes to Biology Image Library, all members of the institution registered with BioMed Central can access the website whilst on the institute's premises (as well as via Roaming access). If you are at a corporate institution, see Corporate subscriptions.
If you would like to recommend this product to your librarian, please use our online recommendation form.
- the cost of an academic institutional licence depends on a number of factors - including the size and type of institution or organization
- access is regulated by IP address
- login allows users to customize their own preferences
- there is no limit on the number of concurrent users
- there is no limit on usage
- we offer free access or greatly reduced rates to academic institutes in low and lower-middle income countries in line with HINARI (Health InterNetwork Access to Research Initiative)
Roaming access enables any user who has recently logged in within an institution's IP range to access the Biology Image Library even when they are temporarily off-site (e.g. at home, or at a conference), simply by logging in. Roaming rights last for 30 days.
How do I register for a free academic institutional trial?
Use the online trial request form
How do I get a quote for an academic institution?
Fill out the online quotation form
How do I subscribe?
To subscribe, follow the steps listed below.
- complete and submit the quotation form, if you haven't already done so
- we will process your order, invoice you and notify you when your access is set up
For further information on subscribing, please contact us:
Floor 6 236 Gray's Inn Road
London WC1X 8HL
Tel +44 (0) 20 3192 2009
Customers in the UK call free on 0800 389 8136
Fax: +44 (0)20 3192 2010
To contact your regional Sales Representative directly, please see http://www.biomedcentral.com/info/libraries/salescontacts
How is my quote calculated?
The cost of an academic institutional subscription depends on the size of your institution. Please refer to the table below to see how we categorize the size of institutions into pricing brackets. Your Sales Representative will calculate your price quote depending on what size bracket your institution falls into.
||< 20 FTE
* FTE is the full time equivalent based on students, researchers and faculty.
Biology Image Library ISSN 1748-8141